97' 3.0 Taurus "Check Engine" Light

I bought an A-1 looking/running 97' Taurus 3.0 V6 with a cracked catalytic converter. The "Check Engine" light was on, and I figured this to be due to the bad converter. Midas fixed the converter problem for a modest fee. (the sensors were tested and found to be OK). The computer was reset , the only error code showing, was from the EGR as being to rich. After about 10 or so miles, the "Check Engine" light has come back on. Thoughts/Ideas? I can see how the EGR could become to lean (clogged), but how "too rich"?

Thanks, jdk

Reply to
jdk

before you start guessing get the code read. The fact that you repaired the cat doesn't mean that something else is causing the indicator light to come on. Find out the problem before you start replacing parts for no good reason.

Reply to
Cameron