97 Aerostar Power Steering Pump

About a year ago the PS pump leaked and the new one whined almost as bad as the old one. Mechanic said they all do that. Pissed me off because I paid extra to get one directly from Ford. Rack & pinion also leaked and had him put in a rebuilt one shortly after that. About a month ago I started noticing drips. Everything is out of warranty now of course.
Any suggestions what to do at this point? I read that it could work to pull a vacuum on the pump but I really don't want to get into fixing this all over again. Would much rather kick the Ford service manager in the balls. LOL!!!
It's a shame that everything else in this van works great except the PS. I can't stand for it to be making so much noise.
Bob
About a year ago the PS pump leaked and the new one whined almost as bad as the old one. Mechanic said they all do that. Pissed me off because I paid extra to get one directly from Ford. Rack & pinion also leaked and had him put in a rebuilt one shortly after that. About a month ago I started noticing drips. Everything is out of warranty now of course.
Any suggestions what to do at this point? I read that it could work to pull a vacuum on the pump but I really don't want to get into fixing this all over again. Would much rather kick the Ford service manager in the balls. LOL!!!
It's a shame that everything else in this van works great except the PS. I can't stand for it to be making so much noise.
Bob
Try leaving the level half way to the full mark, mine would always whine if topped off.
--
They can have my command prompt when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:37:51 -0400, "George Jetson"

area their products are excellent.
Another thing that has quieted Ford pumps is ford friction modifier (stocked by dealers for differentials)

Thanks, I'll check those out. Do you really need to add these with a new rebuilt pump?
George, the level should be OK - I keep it low and it is not leaking.
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:51:49 -0700, "Guv Bob"

Sadly, yes. The pumps have a history of being noizy from the get-go - and if you can quiet them down they seem to last longer.

Clare, what is BG?
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:26:13 -0700, "Guv Bob"

http://bglsi.com/bgproducts44kMOA/ for more information from one of the distributors. BG Power Steering Conditioner is the product to use. They also have a cleaner that is usefull on a system that has experienceda component failure and the fluid is deteriorated. Cleans the crap out so you can put in clean fluid.