97 Aerostar Rear Door Lifters

Welp, the rear door lifter/struts/whatever you call them finally gave out after 18 years. I'm guessing one gave out about a month ago when the door needed some getting to the top, and now overnight the other one failed. 18 years ain't bad, so I checked with Ford but they say it no longer available.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a decent replacement make? I have replaced these on hatchbacks and remember them not lasting that long.

The parts places around here are O'Reillys $34 for a pair, Autozone $52. Rock Auto is $25, plus $8 shipping.

Reply to
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... Welp, the rear door lifter/struts/whatever you call them finally gave out after 18 years. I'm guessing one gave out about a month ago when the door needed some getting to the top, and now overnight the other one failed. 18 years ain't bad, so I checked with Ford but they say it no longer available.

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... "Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com... Welp, the rear door lifter/struts/whatever you call them finally gave out after 18 years. I'm guessing one gave out about a month ago when the door needed some getting to the top, and now overnight the other one failed. 18 years ain't bad, so I checked with Ford but they say it no longer available.