'97 Contour, Coolant light on at all times

Hello all,
    I have a problem with my coolant light on in the console. The fluid level is ok, i have even over filled the tank to see if
this would turn it off, as i have read this before from other contour owns. But this doesn't work either. I bought a new sensor and installed it too, no luck. Did I get the wrong sensor ? Bought it at Ford, connects to the front-mid side of the cooland tank. Is this the right sensor and/or is there anything else I can do.
    Thanks for any info. Looking at this light is driving me crazy.
Dale.
Dale wrote:

go to www.contour.org and ask the same question and you will get the correct answer.. i only had to go with a slight overfill to get mine to go out