97 crown vic auto light question

can someone tell me where the sensor for auto light is? there are 2 sensors on the dash top but neither seem to control the auto lamps. I tried covering
them to see if light s would come on but it didn't work. the system works fine, I am trying to "trick" the system into coming on a little sooner. It has to be pretty dark for it to turn on and I was thinking that If I can partially block (or filter) the sensors it would come on a little earlier.
--

David MacLeod
Etna, Maine USA

The sensor should be one of the ones on the dash. You may have to cover it up for a minute or two before the lights come on. My vic takes a while for the lights to come on when I drive through a tunnel.
I haven't looked on my Vic because I like the way it works but there was an actual adjustment on my old Bird for the level of darkness to turn on --- I lay a black piece of plastic over my sensor when I want automatic lights in the daytime...
PoD

One is a sun sensor, to adjust the AC for sun and no sun conditions, the other is the light sensor and it is adjustable. A quicker easier fix is place a piece of window tint film over the light sensor to have the headlamps come on sooner.
mike hunt
dmac wrote:

OK, that explains the second sensor. I am planning on using tint due to not seeing any adjustment on the sensor. Thanks all for the info
--

David MacLeod
Etna, Maine USA