97 escort air conditioning

I have a 97 escort the air doesnt work i am getting a P1461 A/c pressure sensor circuit low input code from the computer. I have power at the compressor and if i jump the compresseor to the battery it will not engage. Is the compressor bad? what should i look for on the low input code?

Thanks

Reply to
micky59

what should i look for on the low input code?

a leak.

Reply to
Michael O

I know the A/C switch (coil?) went bad in my 96' scort. they replaced it at the dealer. It's a frequent problem with these years. Have it checked out.

Reply to
JOSHUA KAPLAN