97 Escort - EEC IV diagnostic connectors

I can't find the EEC IV diagnostic connectors that the manuals say should be somewhere under the hood of our 97 Escort wagon. Where should I be looking? Is it relevant that this is a Canadian-spec model?

Reply to
Joe Shlabotnick

I'm pretty sure that the 97 Escort had the newer EEC system, not the EEC IV. The 97 was the first year of the new design. That would explain why you can't find it.

CJ

Reply to
CJB

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

D'oh! Boy is my face red. Yes indeed, this car has the OBD II system and the plug is under the steering column.

Now, if only I could find where the 5.0 L HO engine is ...

Reply to
Joe Shlabotnick

LOL Don't worry about it. BTW, I had one of those and it was the most dependable, trouble free car I've ever owned. I should never have sold it.

CJB

Reply to
CJB