97 escort trans fluid

I've noticed what appears to be a drain plug on the transmission. [1st time i've ever seen one on any vehicle]. I'd lke to change the trany fluid and want to know if this plug drains
all the fluid or do you still have to drop the pan to get most of it? [and yes I know I should take the pan off to change the filter]. Anyone familiar with this?
Thanks Bill

now that i think about it its probably a plug on the tourque converter. So same question; if I drain this does it drain all the trany as well? thanks

That drain is for the pan, but, of course, it won't drain the TC. I'm not sure that there is a TC plug on your car. My understanding, and it's limited, is that few if any of the more recent Fords have TC plugs.
If you wanna replace all the fluid, I think there's a proceedure in the Ford service manual that specifies removing one of the tranny cooler lines and cycling the engine on and off for brief periods to actually let the tranny pump the old fluid out as you add new fluid. I read about it for the 2000 Taurus I used to have, but was too chicken to try it for fear of running the tranny dry...
Hopefully someone else can help you more specifically, but maybe that points you in the right direction.
CJB