97 Expedition Check Engine Light

I am getting the check engine light on my 97 Expedition and am looking for information that will help me diagnosis the problem.

Brad Roesler wrote:

Brad,
You need to have someone read the PCM codes. In my area the Autozone Auto Parts stores will do it for free. Once you have the codes, you can go to one of the many online OBDII Code lists to get an idea where the problme might be. See:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?tB1143 http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/Pcodes.shtml http://www.shane.roberts.net/eec_code.htm
It could be something as simple as a loose gas cap. If the check engine light is flashing, you have a problem that needs immeadiate attention.
Regards,
Ed White