97 Ford Aspire E.G.R Valve Control

Anybody know where can I find this thing....the mechanic said it's for solenoid. The check engine light turns on for this reason.

sbm7 wrote:

Find the EGR valve on the intake manifold and trace the vacuum hose from the diaphragm to the EGR solenoid. It should have a two-wire electrical connector on it and another vacuum line going to the throttle body, intake or vacuum manifold. The EGR solenoid opens up at cruising speeds to allow vacuum to pull the EGR diaphragm in, to allow the exhaust gasses to get recycled into the combustion chamber.
You can connect some test leads from the EGR solenoid to the battery terminals to see if it pulls in ("clicks") when voltage is applied. A vacuum pump will tell you if it holds vacuum on the intake source side without voltage applied and if it releases the vacuum when voltage is applied.
That's how I've tested them on other Fords, never worked on an Aspire. Assuming same setup.