97 Ford Escort AC quits at 95 degrees

The air conditioning on my father's 1997 Ford Escort quits putting out cool air when the temperature outside is above 95 degrees. He has had it checked by a Ford dealership and they said the AC works fine. Does
anyone have any thoughts as to why the AC would do this? And is there a way to fix it?

The overall pressure in an A/C system rises as the outside temp rises. There's a high-pressure cutoff switch on the high side that may be cutting out. Perhaps your system is overfilled or has air in it?
I would bring it to another dealer or mechanic who knows a bit more about A/C systems and will properly test it, preferably outside when it's 95+ degrees.
Bob