97 Ford Escort Brakes

I had my brakes replaced in 2001, no problem. In February 2005, I had my front brakes replaced. Yhey squeeked and vibrated. (I went back every Saturday for 2 months). I finally gave up,
made a lot of noise, got my money back and went elsewhere.
They replaced my front and rear brakes. Shortly afterwards my brakes were squeaking and vibratng. I took my car back and they replaced the front brake pads.
That was yesterday and I am fully expecting my brakes to begin squeeking and vibrating again.
I don't know much about cars, but I am thinking that maybe the wrong brake pads are required for my car.
I would geatly appreciate any information.
Thanks
I had a 1997 Escort and had no problems with the brakes. I bought it new, and only had to replace the fronts once in 140k miles. In fact, the backs never got thin enough to replace before I sold the car.
If they're squeaking it sounds like some anti-vibration compound could fix that. If they're vibrating too, you almost certainly need rotors as well. They're not expensive.
CJB

The rotors have been replaced three times since February this year.
compugeek wrote:

The brakes require a proper break-in. See: http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/warped_rotors_myth.htm