97 Ford Escort DTC 1443

Having received this message on an auto inspection I replaced the purge canister valve as suggest but the 'service engine soon' error light still remains lit. What steps do need to take or what do I need to replace now.
I did disconnect the batt. to break the circuit but the light is still on.
hljudd wrote:

The problem is usually the purge flow sensor right next to the valve you replaced. Ford recommends replacing both as a set.