97 ford escort stalling...

My wife's 1997 Ford Escort, 2.0L hesitates (almost wants to stall) when coming to a stop. Other than that the car is OK. About 80,000 miles on it.
Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks Hank

clean iac
hurc ast
Thanks... Hank
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:38:28 GMT, gerald snipped-for-privacy@impco.com wrote:

Hank wrote:

I used to have a 93 escort 1.9Fi. There was a vacuum leak that caused it to want to stall when stopping. I seem to remember it was a hose at the top end of the engine that had a small hole due chaffing against the hood, I think it was the crankcase breather tube. It went out at 92K miles, the replacement lasted until I sold it at 196K 7 years later.
I found the leak by running my hand over the various hoses until the idle improved. Duct tape fixed it until I got to the dealer. New tube, $27. Seem to remember the PCV valve was housed in one end of the tube. Worth checking out.
JP
--
JP White
mailto: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

check the spark plug wires if you are using the cheapest brand this car will not go for it very long it will hesitate at a red light or if you are idling the car I have one my self