97 ford taurus question

Hello All;

I have a 97 ford Taurus, 3.0 lt Vulcan (I think) When starting after sitting for 4-5 hours, If I try driving immediately it does not. Placed in gear. If I wait 30 second or so, it will engage no problem. Does the car have some sort of sensor to not allow the car to travel until slightly warm?

Any help would be nice!

Pete

Reply to
ask

no ... if you find that the car takes a while to shift into gear while cold ... prolly first gear seals on clutch piston weak ... or stick valvebody... im not proficient in transmissions so there may be other pointers other people can give you

Reply to
Rob

i had a 95 taurus that did the same it was a faulty vacuum diaphragm

Reply to
jimmyh

thank you rob! :) I will continue to watch the group as well tranny I cant do my self, but valvebody is it something I could do?

again thanks!

Reply to
ask

thanks Jimmy for your quick reply as well! sorry is that motor or tranny?

best

Reply to
ask

if you are asking no i would say no to doing any work on you valvebody

Reply to
Rob