97 Grand Marquis Radio Swap Question

I have a 97 Grand Marquis with the stock cassette player, this is not the type that has the cd button and prewiring for a CD changer in the trunk (sad to say) or id just buy one of the Mercury
changers off ebay and that would be that...
But anyways this is the bone stock cassette radio Mercury put in these, what I want to do is buy a mercury stock cd player (off ebay) and pop that into the car, is this as simple as I am hoping (are the wire harnesses the same for a cassette or cd player on this car), If not how much hassle will this be to do?
I don't like the look of an aftermarket stereo blank face kit type thing, and I dont like the idea of the remote FM cd changer with wired remote up front, id just like to pull the stock cassette player and add a stock cd player for this same model/year car (i see them on ebay all the time for my year/car), yet I don't know if the wiring harness's will just be plug and play (just hoping maybe it is)...
Anyone who can answer or help me on this?
Bill :)
Bill opined

Should be same if single play stock unit.
check for info here.. may help
http://www.carstereohelp.com/strford.htm
THANKS for that link it is very helpful !
Bill