97 Mustang GT will not start or stop

My initial thought was to replace the iginition switch with that accomplished the same problem still occurs. What happens is I insert the key and turn it all the way to the starting position and nothing
happens. I have pressed the clutch in while attempting to start it also the headlights and windshield wipers also work so I know the battery isnt dead. I can push start the car and once it is running it will drive fine but when I go to turn the car off it won't turn off. What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks please send an email to mmahon at austin dot rr dot com. Thanks.
Check battery voltage with a voltmeter (s/b at least 12V. Your lights & wipers may work with a battery that has a dead cell, but there's not enough voltage to start the car. After the car is jump-started, the alternator runs things. OTOH, it could be starter relay, bad cable/connection, or the starter itself.
Mike Mahon wrote:

VISKOM SECERA U KRVI PROVALIO:

probably a loose wire or smthing like that in the ignition cheers :-)
--
Reliance upon others
is weakness for the strong,

replace the starter power solenoid.
and if you care you can damn well come back here to read it