97 Sable havenít started in 18 months.

Any quick suggestions on getting a 3.0L taurus (sable) going after sitting for a while. Going to have it hauled off anyway (itís wrecked) but I could get an extra $50-$100 if it starts.
Probably bad gas, but I really donít want to screw with it too much for a few extra dollars. It turns over, but no go... Any cheap magic formulas out there?
Thanks a lot.
‚úĖ
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 04:31:13 -0000, tomwalshco

If it is wrecked, the fuel inertia switch is probably tripped preventing the pump from running. Reset the switch and try it. It should still start even with 18 mo old gas. I have had the sit for much longer and still start. I just started a Honda that has not run in over 4 years w/o doing anything. It just took a few seconds longer to wind up. "Course it always did run on anything combustible.
Lugnut
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks, Rob. Actually got it going last night. Dropped in a battery from my Toyota Camry and it fired up in 5 seconds. Must have been those $10 jumper cables I was using before. Imagine that, with 3 year old gas in the tank. That was one of the best cars I ever owned...
"tomwalshco" wrote: > Any quick suggestions on getting a 3.0L taurus (sable) going > after sitting for a while. Going to have it hauled off anyway > (it's wrecked) but I could get an extra $50-$100 if it starts. > > > Probably bad gas, but I really don't want to screw with it too > much for a few extra dollars. It turns over, but no go... Any > cheap magic formulas out there? > > Thanks a lot.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Has it run since the wreck? If not, likely the impact shut-off for the fuel pump (in the trunk? or right kick panel? not sure of location.

‚úĖ