97 Sable Wheel Studs

I broke 3 rear wheel studs changing over to snow tires on the weekend. I had a dragging brake issue about a year ago that heated the rim for a few months and then went away mysteriously. Undoubtedly the heat caused brittleness.

Anyway, having never changed a wheel stud before, I don't know how difficult, or easy, this may be. Is it as simple as removing the brake assembly and rotor and then hammering the old ones out and pounding the new ones in?

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Doug

Yep, I just did that with my 97 Taurus. Don't "pound" the new ones in though, you should be able to seat them by threading a nut and "pulling" them by tightening the nut.

Reply to
Teknical