97 T-bird squeaking in front end suspension

Loud squeaks turning /and/ up and down. Started suddenly one morning last week. I added power steering fluid about a week before this happened. Now I'm wondering if the guy at Auto Zone knew what he was
talking about when he assured me their brand ("meets or exceeds OEM specifications") would be fine. Noise is not from the PS pump or belt, its strictly in the suspension.
TIA for any insight.
F.H. wrote:

My F-150 did the same thing around 80,000 miles. I had to replace the upper control arms. It did it again around 160,000 Ford does not put any grease fittings on their parts. If you replace the upper control arms, or the lower ball joints, do your self a favor and use Moog parts. Moog has grease fitting on their parts....
I replaced with Moog the second time around...
On 11/14/2011 1:16 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote:

Thanks, I'll save your advice but I don't think this is the problem. This started suddenly and is loud. Whether turning or going over a little it screeches. Any movement of the steering wheel causes the noise and its loud enough so that people will turn their heads. Its as if every moving part is suddenly dry.
On 11/14/2011 1:34 PM, F.H. wrote:

bump.
it screeches. Any movement of the steering wheel causes the noise

F.H. wrote:

Sure sounds like upper ball joints. You have to buy the complete upper control arms..
On 11/14/2011 4:19 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote:

I'll post the fix when I find out for sure.
On 11/14/2011 4:19 PM, 75yrs.experience wrote:

The right lower control arm was replaced last Aug (lube shop warned me about a crack). The car sat for a couple of days and the noise was gone. We are due some rain here, got a hunch it will be back.