97 taurus dash light replacement

Can someone help me with the replacement of the speedometer/odometer/tach lights that are burnt out! Easy? Hard?

cabnboy opined in

It depends on your level of experience, to say nothing of what you might consider "easy"
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum /

"Backyard Mechanic" wrote: > cabnboy opined in > > > > Can someone help me with the replacement of the > speedometer/odometer/tach > > lights that are burnt out! Easy? Hard? > > > > > It depends on your level of experience, to say nothing of what > you might > consider "easy" > > http://www.taurusclub.com/forum / > > -- > - Yes, I'm a crusty old geezer curmudgeon.. deal with it! -
should be fairly easy, remove the screws holding the shroud/cover, gently (definately dont yank) pull the covertill the tabs let go. The four to six main mounting bolts/screws should be visible, remove these. its pretty much cake from there. pull out the cluster, again not too hard(because of the wiring harness/speedo cable if equiped!) and look for black nobs these are the bulbs, just aim for the ones that are dead, turn and replace as needed. then simply reverse the process. hope this helps.
In posted on 9 Dec 2004 23:05:42 -0500:

How much room is there to get your hand behind there? My '98 Sable had a bulb go out behind the gas gauge. I asked the dealer to call and tell me how much they'd charge me to replace it while the dash was being pulled for a heater core replacement. They never called. They just did the work. The price was 27 cents for the bulb, $55 for labor. Needless to say, I was somewhat irked. When I got it back, the flasher bulb for the left turn signal indicator was out. I took it back to them, figuring they must have knocked a wire loose or something. They said that bulb had gone out. I was irked again, but I told them not to fix it. I had it in for a tensioner pulley replacement. The old one was freezing up on me and causing the belt to flop around excessively.
Damaeus