97 taurus electrical problem

I have another problem with my 1997 ford taurus. When turning, the horn starts honking, the cruise control light comes on and now the air bag light is staying on. Possibly a common ground is bad, but can't find a good wiring
diagram to chase it down. Any suggestions?
Ron Schoeneweis via CarKB.com wrote:

those things have the clock spring in common.
Thanks for the advice on the clock spring, it took care of the problem on the cruise light and the horn, but the air bag light blinks twice and then stays on. The dealer says that they will need to reset the module because it doesn't know that we fixed the problem. Is this true? At my work we have a very good OBII scanner that I used to clear the airbag codes but the light still flashes. Is there a chance that it didn't really clear them or they have to be cleared some other way?
ShoeSalesman wrote:

Ron Schoeneweis via CarKB.com wrote:

your scanner gives you? Watch the light carefully. for instance- two flashes, pause, three flashes means code 23. then it will do it over and over. When its fixed, you turn the key on, the light comes on while its checking itself. Then if all is well the light will go off and stay off. It would not hurt to unplug the air bag module to "reset" it but...???? I'll look at my book while you are finding your code.
I think I'm braindead sometime, ShoeSalesman. I left for work this morning and paid better attention to the blinks. The airbag light flashed once, pause then blinked twice. It did this two times then stayed on. A code 22 is low battery voltage. I don't quite understand this becausw the battery is brand new showing 12.69 volts with car off, and 13.92 volts running. Unless it has something not allowing current to the module? Any suggestions?
ShoeSalesman wrote:

Ron Schoeneweis via CarKB.com wrote:

I'll assume you meant 12 NOT 22...see if this helps. A quick look at this info and I'll guess the fuse is blown.
DTC B1867: LOST BATTERY FEED OR BATTERY SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND -- LAMP FAULT CODE 12/52
Normal Operation
The air bag diagnostic monitor (14B056) measures the voltage at Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) of the air bag diagnostic monitor connector. Voltage at Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) should be equal to battery voltage. If the voltage at Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) drops to less than 8 volts, the air bag diagnostic monitor will flash a lamp fault code 12 on the AIR BAG indicator. If the voltage at Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) drops to less than 5 volts, the DTC B1867 will also be stored in memory. Should the loss of battery voltage at Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) be intermittent or repaired, the air bag diagnostic monitor will flash a lamp fault code 52 (or higher priority code if one exists) on the next ignition switch cycle.
Possible Causes
WARNING: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER FUSE VALUE. ANY FUSE OTHER THAN 10A MAY CAUSE DISARMING FAILURE AND MAY RESULT IN DANGER TO THE OCCUPANTS OF THE VEHICLE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLACE THE 10A FUSE UNLESS THE AIR BAG SYSTEM FIRST HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED (REFER TO DEACTIVATION PROCEDURE FOR DETAILS).
Note: If a short to ground exists on any of the Circuits 607 (LB/O), 614 (GY/O), 615 (GY/W) or 616 (PK/BK) leading to a lamp fault code 13 or 53 and DTC B1913, or similarly a short to ground exists on any of Circuits 619 (PK/W), 624 (Y/W), 625 (Y/LG) or 617 (PK/O) leading to a lamp fault code 14 or 54 and DTC B1914, the air bag diagnostic monitor will activate an internal solid state switch at Pin C276-13 of the air bag diagnostic monitor. This causes Fuse 16 (10A) to open, thus disarming the air bag system and preventing inadvertent air bag deployment. If power distribution box battery fuse has opened, it must be replaced by a 10A fuse.
Low voltage at air bag diagnostic monitor Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) can be caused by:
l    an open in the battery circuit that would prevent battery positive voltage (B+) from reaching air bag diagnostic monitor Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y).
l    a short to ground on the battery feed circuit between the Fuse 16 (10A) and Pin C276-13, Circuit 609 (O/Y) or Pin C276-14, Circuit 609 (O/Y) of the air bag diagnostic monitor.
l    a concern in the charging system causing battery voltage to drop below 8 volts.
After the air bag diagnostic monitor has disarmed the air bag system, it will not be enabled to disarm again until the appropriate condition (DTC B1913 or B1914) has been serviced and cleared by performing appropriate pinpoint tests.
    B1867-1: CHECK FOR HARD OR INTERMITTENT DTC     B1867-2: CHECK B+ SUPPLY     B1867-3: CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM     B1867-4: CHECK BATTERY FUSES     B1867-5: CHECK FOR SHORT IN HARNESS     B1867-6: CONFIRM INTERNAL SHORT     B1867-7: CHECK IF SERVICED     B1867-8: INSPECT CHARGING SYSTEM     B1867-9: CHECK BATTERY FEED     B1867-10: CHECK FOR OTHER DTCS