97 Taurus GL blend door

GL model, no fancy climate control. Anyone seen the door make a popping sound when turned all the way cold? If I back it off just a tad it won't do it and its still cold. So, I'm thinkin its all the way cold but it
either thinks it isnt or the knob(control) is telling it to go further. I understand it very well could be NOT going all the way cold but it sure is close if not. Before I tear into it, is there a common failure that causes this? TIAdvance.
ShoeSalesman wrote:

It sounds like the blend door actuator may not be sensing when the door is in it's full cold position and over running itself. It's possible the actuator is loose or jammed somehow also. No way to find out until you tear into it.