97 taurus no Overdrive

My 97 taurus fail to go into overdrive, any one had the same problem? Any information is greatly appreciated

My 96 Taurus has started to not go into overdrive, also. It also gives a code: P0761, "Shift solenoid 'C' performance or stuck."
It has been intermittently working lately. So I don't know if I have a loose connection or a bad solenoid or???