97 TAURUS POP NOISE IN FRONT IN

Hello, I have a 1997 Taurus Wagon GL, Only 36000 miles. I have a popping noise on occasion in the front. It sounds as if it is right under or close to the gas/brake pedal. I have had two separate
mechanics look it over and they have not had any luck. The noise is intermittent,it seems to happen when ever bracking and when starting up. The car has to be driven and warmred up. Any Ideas?? Thanks
I'm having the same problem with my 97' Sable. I hope someone has a suggestion.