97 Taurus Throttle Sticks

I have a 1997 Taurus 3.0 liter 12 valve V6 with 110,000. I have trouble when the car is cold with the throttle sticking closed. It will release by pushing on the throttle but causes the car to lurch forward when it
releases. When the car is warm it does not stick. I also have been living with a check engine light for about a year and half "Gas tank emission leak" is the code replaced gas cap twice no change. I have taken off the air intake and sprayed carburetor cleaner down the throat it seemed to help but noticed a tag later that said to not spray any cleaner down the air intake. Could I have a vacuum leak that is causing the choke to close to tightly or is there an easy fix for this problem??

Remove the throttle body and clean it thoroughly. Remove any sensors so that they are not damaged during the cleaning. Also check for a binding and/or rusty throttle cable, and check the linkage. You might have to replace any one of these components if they have been damaged or are worn beyond hope.
Rodney
jb.derr wrote:

trouble
release by

and half

change.
the
spray any

tightly or

"Gas tank emmission leak" could be a fault in your fuel vapor lines. Part of the emmissions system traps any excess fuel vapors in a charcoal canister, rather than into the atmosphere, which are routed to the intake via the canister purge valve at each startup (I think that's somewhat accurate). Not sure what component would trigger a DTC, maybe the canister purge solenoid.
Matt