97 Taurus Transmission problem

My wife just called me and told me the car broke down. I haven't looked at it yet, but she says it just "stopped". It wll go in reverse, but won't go
forward. Just looking for an opinion... sounds like a bum forward clutch piston right? I'm looking at a rebuild? I thought the tranny problems on the tauruses was solved by 97....

lmfao u are funny why would ford fix a problem BWHAHAHAHAHA
foctard
its goiing to cost ya to buy a ford
hurc ast

Retards aside, yea, it does sound like the trans in your ride has lost the forward clutches. The pistons themselves generally do not fail, but the seals and clutches within the drums will!
Yea, you're definitely looking at a rebuild of your trans, at the least.
-LMB