97 taurus trunk and taillight seals

Hey guys. I just bought a 1997 Taurus GL (100,000 miles, 3.0 vulcan engine), and i've noticed the the trunk is damp right near the rear of the car, and the taillights that are intergrated into the trunk have "dew" in them. Is this a common problem on this model, or am I special? Any quick fixes? I don't want to have to start replacing taillights all the time.

The car is in overall very good condition, except for this problem, and also the car thinks the drivers side door is open sometimes, when it's closed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Reply to
Me

try running a low flow of water around the area in question. It may be a pin hole in the body caulking thats around where the tail panel is fused together at the ends of the quarter panels.

Good luck.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~277, 300 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face