97 Windstar elect. door locks

My wife has a '97 windstar and the electric door locks aren't working right. The motors (both front doors, and the slider) sound like they are "popping"
until I push the door lock down (on all three doors). When I open the door (any) the motor for that door starts the popping sound. Any suggestions? Thanks, Mac