'98 Contour Electrical Fire

I have a '98 Ford Contour V6 5-speed that I bought new with 135K miles. Having electrical problems. Seems that the fuse box and main wiring harness are
overheating severely and caught fire. The box is melted and the wiring harness a chared black mess. Anyone had this happen?
Thanks.
Larry
check out http://www.contour.org . I have gotton a few recalls abouts some switches, but I don't recall ever seening anything like this in the newsgroup.
Jeff

<<check out http://www.contour.org . I have gotton a few recalls abouts some switches, but I don't recall ever seening anything like this in the newsgroup.>>
All recalls were '97 and earlier.
Thanks
LarryLarry2003 wrote:

contours due to underhood wiring harness problems the insulation on the wires flakes off. i got a 96 with just about every electrical connection on it that you can see the copper wires due to the insulation coming off.. i got 2 more years or 50,000 mile left.. i think with your over 100,000 miles you are out of luck... let your insurance company know of the recall and see if they can get anyting out of ford????
<<let your insurance company know of the recall and see if they can get anyting out of ford????>>
Thanks for the suggestion
Larry