'98 Contour-Where the hay is the oil plug ?

Hi, I'm changing the oil on my '98 Contour (2.5L). Does anyone know what the oil drain plug looks like and its size ?

I'm looking at a hollow hex inset next to the oil filter. Is that it ?

Two dealers told me the plug is on the side, one told me it's at the bottom.

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
AndyInBuffalo

It's a 15mm plug at the rear of the oil pan near the exhaust pipe.

=== Steve

Reply to
Stephen Dailey

If you are "draining" oil, draining being allowing gravity to cause flow, it would have to be at the bottom.

Reply to
Pygoscelis Papua

Thank you both, I found it. Andy

Reply to
AndyInBuffalo

if yu have a contour go to

web site for any help you might need with your car...

Reply to
jim