98 ford expedition radio quit

I removed my factory radio, did not unhook any wires or connectors, slid radio back in hole and it quit working. I checked all fuses associated with radio, still nothing. I ran a power directly from fuse panel to
radio power wire, nothing, same with ground, nothing. The back lights work on the radio but the radio does not power on. I have a factory cd changer that "y's" into the factory wiring harness for power to the cd changer. I am lost on what to do. Thanks.