98 Ford Windstar questions

Hiya! I'm thinking about purchase a 98 windstar for my wife. I'm wondering what type of things I should look for when I start shopping. Like transmission trouble, squeeks, stuff
that has a tendancy to break ..
any insight would be appreicated.

any oil leaks from the bottom of the transmission and make sure it has not already been cleaned. Look for excessive sweeting from head gaskets. Check all motors for windows etc and make sure they work well. Drive to see if there is any squeeking or clunking noises. Steering squeeking could mean one of many things including ball joints. Clunking could be the stabiliser rod joints. Ask for maintenance records, check battery and starter condition and overall visual. Regards ChkMte55
Thanks for the input! I'll keep my eye out.

My experience with my 98 Windstar (purchased new) is a transmission rebuild at 105,000 miles. Becareful buying one of these.