98 Grand Marquis Horn Problem

My 98 grand Marquis is still blowing fuses when I press on the horn. This happens even if the horn is unplugged which means there is a short to ground somewhere, I replaced the horn relay and that did no
good. I think I'm in for an expensive repair because the problem could be the horn switch in the steering wheel. Anyone have any experience with this repair?
Inspect the wiring from the horn relay to the horns... this should be a violet wire with light green trace. Your concern is NOT with the horn switch. If this circuit were to be at fault, the horn would either blow all the time or not blow at all... But, since this circuit supplies a ground as it's only function, it wouldn't cause the fuse to blow.

Jim: Thanks for your reply to my post. It makes sense that the horn switch would only complete the circuit to ground. It's tough to trace and inspect wires because they ae encased in that harness insulation. The box where the horn relay is located under the hood and I suppose I could try to remove the box and look under the bax at the exposed wires. Is it possible that the connector that plugs into the horn is shorted? I actually got the horn to work a bit when the engine was off, but when I started the engine, it blew the fuse.