98 Grand Marquis Squeaky Belt

My 98 Grand Marquis as a squeaky belt. Not sure what the probelm is. If I spray it with belt dressing the squeak goes away for a while and then comes back fairly soon. I notice that the alternator light goes
on intermittenty and then goes off. I'm not sure if it is a related problem. Anyone here know what could be the problem? M

About the only cure for a squeaky belt with the serpentines is a new belt. You may have to clean the belt dressing off the pulley when you install the new belt.
The alternator problem may be an engine idle control problem. The IAC on those tend to become dirty and gummed up after a while and neew either a good cleaning or replacement. If yours has never been cleaned or replaced, it has been due for a while.
Lugnut

After you clean the pulleys and replace the belt, if it still makes noise I have always used silicone spray.
PoD
I replaced the IAC about 2 years ago. The engine ran poorly at idle so I relpaced it. I'm not sure why this would cause tha alternator light to come on occasionally. The engine seems to be running okay. M

The alternator has a cutout point which can be reached when it is not being turned fast enough to produce enough current. If the IAC is not maintaining a high enough idle speed, the alternator cuts out as if the engine is not running at all. You may also see the A.C compressor cut out for the same reason. A funky IAC may not set a fault code or give you a fault light.
Lugnut