98 GrandMarquis has new life

I recently got my 98 Grand Marquis fixed. Needed Ball Joints, upper an lower , Tie Rods, alignment, brake rotors and pads, new spark plugs and idler motor. Total cost about $1200. These repaires
occurred over a period of about 2 months. May sound like a lot of money, but the car runs like new. Guess I'll keep it for a few more years. Has 120,000 miles on it now.
Happy motoring. That is not much to spend on a car in todays climate. And you should have many miles left on it. PS. You will also spend $1200 in gas pretty quick.
You're right about $1200 on gas. Never really thought about that, just keep paying the bills. The car runs great, needs a better set of tires. I am using Good Year Aquatreads but they wore terrible. 40k mile andt hey ae junk. Any suggestions on better tires? M

I put a set of Michelin X-Radials (or maybe the X-Radial Plus) on my older Crown Vic once. I bought them from a junkyard with about 75% tread remaining. I drove those X-Radials for 50k miles and they were still usable when I sold the car.
I think they only sell the X-Radials at some of the warehouse clubs now, but there are other Michelins that are similar. If the price scares you, and they are more expensive, try a junkyard. Like I said, I bought a set of 4 a couple years ago and, including mount and balance, it was less than $100.
CJB