98 lincoln bad spark plugs

-- Jay SmitHello group, Im doing this for my dad. He has a 98 Contienintal with the 32valve V8 He has taken it to the shop 4 times, Each time the cars is skipping, is there a recall or some sort of bulletin on this problem.. the car only had 80k on it. This problem started later on after the Dealership replaced the actuator blend door, due to the AC blowing hot air. and in he winter it blowed cold air. They had too take the dash and console, gear shift out. When this car starts to skip, it drinks gas, and what a bad time when premium gas is at its $2.00 cost. They are the 2nd owners purchased with only 36k in 2001. There is no service engine codes, nor warning light saying that theres a problem. They have replaced spark plugs with labor and all near $500.00. They say its the coil pack that keeps going bad. Any help would be aprreciated thanks..

Jay Smit

-- Jay Smit

Reply to
Jay Smit

sounds like it could be plug wires. $500 to change the plugs? I would have done it for $400 :)

Reply to
Scott M