’98 Mustang Electrical problem

My son drives this car and he changed out his first battery. When he bought the battery he didn?t notice that the positive post was on the opposite side as the battery that was in there before that. You can see where this is going. He continued to hook it up with the posts backwards and after having what he thought to be the negative side connected, he touched the postive connector to the negative post for a breif second until the power distribuition box started smoking. I?m not sure what exactly this incident did or normally does. We got the right battery hooked in there and the car starts, but many interior electronics don?t work. Also, the car sounds horrible. It seems to be running at a much higher idol speed and the overall pitch is higher. I put it into gear but was afraid to drive it out of the driveway because the response was just not there. It feels like a completely different car. So that is my issue and I was wondering what anyone thought. I would like to fix this problem on my own instead of paying the big bucks, but I?m not positive if simply changing the blown fuses will fix the problem. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
natanio

lmfao alt is prolly shot too

check fuse links too

lmfao u go girl hurc ast

Reply to
gerald smith

Good advice. A lot of electronic devices could have been harmed by what your son did, but the only way to know is to restore power and see what works. Getting the engine back may take some work, but you can post here if you get stuck. Make sure that you use fuses that are rated the same as the ones you are replacing. What a terrible way to spend a Saturday!

Rodney

Reply to
Rodney

Reply to
hurricane 575

"Rodney" wrote: > On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:27:18 -0500, tom wrote: > > > first off, ignore the asshole that this week is going by the > name gerald > > smith. he loves to give out false info, and have people > searching everywhere > > but where they should be. first i would change all the blown > fuses. then i > > would find a friend with a scanner and do a complete car > running system > > check. it is very possible he burnt out the stereo, and > messed up the > > computer, but you may luck out > > > Good advice. A lot of electronic devices could have been > harmed by what > your son did, but the only way to know is to restore power and > see what > works. Getting the engine back may take some work, but you can > post here > if you get stuck. Make sure that you use fuses that are rated > the > same as the ones you are replacing. What a terrible way to > spend a > Saturday! > > Rodney > >

Reply to
natanio

where did i ever give out false info lmfao

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

Pretty much every time you start pecking at your keyboard. Do everyone a favor and disappear for a couple of years. Learn about cars, learn how to spell and learn how to not be a d*****ad.

Reply to
Bob

lmfao bob now you just babbling

you were outfoxed by the red seal

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

lets see.....you told a guy with bad parking brake cables that he had bad axle seals. you told a woman that a mustang was not worth buying. you told another woman that her taurus was not worth fixing because the trans slipped. you don't know the difference between a thermactor and a heat shield. you told another guy with a stuck tps he had a vaccume leak. you think that adjusting an injector pump will make the engine "runaway". you think the usa is afraid of, and after cahnahdah. you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Reply to
tom

you bet whene did i post a wrong diagnosis lmfao bwhahahahaha can you quote some "nore"

lmfao u go girl

Reply to
hurricane 575

Bozo busting someones chops over a typo, now that's funny. Bob

Reply to
Bob