98 Sable - Odd Behavior Usually on Hills -- Kind of a jerky action

I've got a '98 Sable single cam with 209,000 miles on it. Occasionally when going up a hill, it's as if I'm letting off the gas completely and then pushing it back to its previous position several times, but I'm not.
It's difficult to explain it any other way than that. There are no weird noises, really, that I've noticed. IT doesn't happen during gear shifts. The transmission shifts perfectly. It just seems to "happen" as I'm cruising along. It seems to happen more on hills, but I haven't yet made a mental note of it happening on level pavement.
That's about all I can say at the moment. I figured I'd see if there's a nibble on what the problem might be if others have had the same problem.

Sounds like its got a miss. Change the fuel filter, plugs and wires and clean the MAF just because...It's probably due for a good tune up anyway huh? :)
Damaeus wrote:

Fuel filter.
Rob
In posted on Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:36:44 -0500:

Okay. That's kinda what I was thinking, but when funds are limited, I like having opinions floating around in my head so I won't waste money trying to get a specific problem fixed, even if it means letting something else go another couple or three weeks beyond its normal maintenance cycle.
Thanks :)
Could be a plugged cat converter. You can try X66Q by Delco.Or a cat cleaner.My experience suggest the Delco product.It states it as a carbon remover but works great to blast out the converters.
posted on Sat,