98 Sable - Sticky Radio Buttons

The buttons on my new radio in my '98 Sable "stick" a lot. When I push the button, it has no give to it at all. I have to put considerable
force behind my finger and then the button pops and can be pushed. This is most evident when the A/C has gotten the cabin really cold.
So I know the buttons need to be lubricated, but should I use some kind of electrical lubricant to avoid damaging the electronics? What type of lube do you recommend?
Damaeus
WD 40 is pretty safe for everything.....I bet it will work.