98 Taurus (Check engine light)

98 Taurus (75k) miles. V6 (24valve) My check engine light just came on. Any suggestions what I might check before taking it to the dealer?
Symptoms are.....
Loss of power on full throttle. (hesitation) Idles good.
Thanks
says...

Autozone and several other parts stores will scan it for free. Post back here with the codes. Just because it says something is bad, doesn't mean that it is. The results need to be interpreted.
you might cheak the oil and the transmition fluids
The 'check engine' light has nothing to do with fluid levels or temperatures. It is indicating that the fuel air ratio controller is operation outside of it design parameters and could polluting. Take the vehicle to a competent technician and have the problem analyzed and corrected, WBMA
mike hunt