98 Taurus LX Headlamp Switch fuse

I have a 98 Ford Taurus LX and I have a problem in that whenever I turn my headlights on, I blow the fuse "Headlamp switch, autolamp park relay" in my power distribution box under the hood. The headights are the always on type, but it appears as though when I turn the lights on from in the car, they are working properly, but nothing else is which are the dimmer lights in the car, parking lights etc.

Any ideas where I should start looking?

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
<no_one_here

I own the same 98 Taurus and the DRL (daytime running light) Module went bad on me. It burned out in the permanent on position. SO I had to pull a fuse under the hood to disable it. Eventually I bought a new one which cost me $70. I found the DRL mod under the left side front wheel well. If that module is bad on your car it might blow a fuse for you too. good luck

Larry

Reply to
Larry P