98 Taurus rear wheel noise

I have a 98 Taurus 4 door, It has approx 75k miles and I am getting a humming noise (non musical) from the right rear wheel. I the bearing hard to replace?

How do the braking surfaces look on the rear?
"Jim P @yahoo.com>" <enamanga<UNDIES> wrote in message

haven't looked in about 10k miles. There are no grinding noises when I brake. It sounds to me like a bearing might be on the way out.

OK, it's worth a check on the wheel bearings. I just wondered about the brakes from experience.... on my 83 grand marquis, disks on the front, they were worn down a few months ago....but they made somewhat of a mysterious humming sound before they went to grinding. (eh, I waited too long...replaced both rotors, all the brake pads.....and one caliper had locked up).
I don't really know how hard the bearing is to replace on that.... I wouldn't think it'd be too hard.... it is real wheel drive right?