'98 Taurus, Running lights stuck on

Hi

I got home one night and my Running lights would not shut off, even when I applied the parking Brake. I didnt know what might have caused this, so I puled the fuse and finally got them to extinguish. I asked a mechanic and he said Fors is known for their Stuck Relays.

Is this True, Which Relay and where is it located?

TIA Larry in New York

Reply to
Larry P

You mean brake lights or running lights? It sounds like a potential BOO (brake) switch failure. Usually the switch fails open, but I can imagine it sticking closed.

CJ

Reply to
Christopher Brown