'98 Taurus SE 3.0L - Transaxle Fitting Leaks

I just replaced the cooler line fittings on a friends 1998 Taurus SE 3.0L automatic transaxle/transmission, because they were leaking (one of them.. but I replaced both). These are the fittings at the tranny.
It was not leaking after a short test drive (it was already warmed up in the driveway). However, after he drove it the next day it started leaking again.
These fittings are the ones that have the plastic/nylon 'quick connect' and then tread into the tranny housing. I see that there are some tools for the REMOVAL of these fitting (I guess to make removal easier), but I don't see a referrence to any special tools for installation. I need to know if there is a common fix for this issue, other than making a good old fashoined compression fitting for it.
Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong or suggest a "fix. My first guess would be the plastic 'quick connect' on the new fitting was defective to begin with, but I am not sure. Many thanks in advance and have a grreat New Years Eve.
if its leaking aroud the threads you may want to reinstall with some thread sealant on the threads sir.. if the oring is leaking id get them exchanged as defects.. lucas
On Dec 31, 6:02am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Not leaking at the threads, rather around the plastic "quick connect" locking clip. Thank you for the reply.
On Dec 31, 6:02am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Sorry, I thought your last message said "orig" as in original. I see it says o-ring. This unit does NOT have an O-ring. As my original post said it has a plastic or nylon quick-connect clip (for the line to lock into) inside of the actual fitting then the fitting threads into the trans housing. Thank you again.
On Dec 30, 11:07pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I think I found a solution. I had to go in to San Antonio for a job this mornning and decided to check the Ford dealer's service deptartment. The shop foreman said to replace the line itself, as he had a similair problem on couple of other Taurus models and after replacing the 2-3 leaky fittings, he replaced the line and it stopped leaking. I will give that a try. If anyone has some other suggestions, feel free to "chime in".

If that doesen't work could you thread in a nipple to the transaxle then use a short rubber hose and clamp it on to the line and to the nipple?
Ted