'98 Taurus: Stripped Wiper Arms

The wiper arms are stripped so badly, the wiper no longer moves. I took the arm off and found the post (not the wiper arm) is stripped pretty smoothly. The grooves are barely noticable. Also, the wiper arm
(receiver) is stripped so badly it "seats" so far down on the post, it's rubbing the metal supporting the post.
I figure, I need a new wiper arm as well as post. Can you replace just the post or am I looking at the whole (motor) assembly? Is a salvage yard a good place to get replacements? I would hate to see what Ford would charge.
TIA!

dan wrote:

Ok, problem solved. The windshield wiper drive mechanism (aka wiper transmission) is not serviceable. So I got a replacement wiper transmission and wiper arms from the junk yard. The replacement process was fairly quick and painless.