98 Taurus Turn Indicator

I have a prob..... The turn indicator when I turn right just clicks fast but doesn't light up on the dashboard and as far as I know just blinks fast on the rear but does not blink at all at the front..... The left side
works fine.. I have changed both bulbs and fuse,,, any ideas...
p.s. If I hold the stalk the indicator works fine up until it clicks up into place..
CSB wrote:

Sounds to me like your right front turn signal bulb is defective. Maybe the replacement you used was also defective.....it sometimes happens. Try again with a fresh bulb.
also try cleaning the contacts. They can become corroded and make poor contact.
CJB

fast
fast
up