98 Windstar door ajar sensor malfunction

Intermittently my 98 windstar senses a door ajar, and the alarm sensor contiunous bongs. I check all doors and it won't go off.
Alarm rings & interior lights stay on until 25km/hr and then go off.
Alarm re-activates when speed decreases below 25km/hr.
Very annoying in city traffic.
It is intermittent, so I'm not sure I can take the problem to dealer and have the sensor malfunction on cue. Would also prefer to fix myself if sensor or part can be easily found and replaced.
Any suggestions ?????
*Usually* the switches in the liftgate... one at each latch. They get sticky and the rest is history.... Try squirting penetrating oil in the latches and working the door....

Mine was a problem within the driver's door latch. A liberal amount of WD-40 solved it, thanks to a response to this very question on my first post in this very newsgroup!
GMach3 wrote:

WD-40 is good for cleaning door latch switches but it's not a 'real' lubricant. You should spray them with some kind of oil or grease after the WD-40 evaporates in a few days. This will keep them working reliably and reduce further wear. I prefer white lithium grease for this purpose.
Fordfan wrote:

See: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00089.html
Sharon Cooke wrote:

I agree - WD40 while quite the miracle product, is not a suitable lubricant. However, the question at hand was how to fix the dong dong dong dong dong dong dong....
I would follow up with white lithium grease in a few days as well.
GMach3 wrote:

problem with dong dong dong when driving under 15 mph problem was the driving side door switch also can't power lock the door the other door if unclose still be able to power lock the door also dong dong go away after few second. spray wd40 form door lock will not be able to get in to the switch rod, must remove door pannel drict spray on rod & switch together, I spraied my about 3 months ago so far so good, the other door haven't give me problem yet, I am keeping my finger cross.