98 windstar gl 3.8l a/c vents malfunction

the front a/c vents do not close to circulate mode instead using the vents next to the windshield & fllor outlets. No cold air is pushed out of the
front air vents for comfort? How do i fix this air-flow-vent manfunction? A/c is running & cooling air very well, just the vent flaps do not close to channel air towards front plastic vents. Thanks!
macntx wrote:

Air flow is controlled by vacuum actuated motors. The system is designed to operate in the defrost mode with a total loss of manifold vacuum. Check for a leak somewhere in the system. Sometimes you can hear a hissing noise where there's a leak or disconnected hose.
Thanks for the guidance only I don't know where to look to track this disconnected hose? Is it under the dashboard? Do I need to dismantle the dashboard or just crawl under neath it? Thanks again.