98 Windstar Hesitation/Bucking - now with CODES!

Finally got the van to throw a code.

I pulled 2 codes, first I got...

P0102 - MAF / VAF Circuit Input Low. This is the code it threw before and on the strength of that my mechanic replaced the MAF at enormous expense.

P1504 - Manufacturer controlled vehicle speed, idle control, and auxiliary input. This one was *probably* in there from when I pulled the IAC connector and drove it around a bit and let it stall. So probably ignore this one.

Anyway, does this help at all?

Reply to
Instant Arcade

Just for drill... try cleaning the MAF.

cheap scratch type paint brush - must be clean- and either circuit cleaner or rubbing alcohol.. several passes.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I'll go and do it, but it's only 1 month old. I don't fancy having to clean the MAF every week to keep it running.

Reply to
Instant Arcade

And you shouldnt have to, either. How about looking at your airfilter and its box?.. As well as the tube going from the MAF to the throttle body? MUST be intact with no holes or cracks

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

have you tried wiggling wires while its running? esp near the maf? just a thought......

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

So are you saying that after the MAF sensor was replaced the code is still getting thrown?

If so I'd bring it back to the mechanic and say that the problem wasn't fixed. Could be something wrong with the MAF circuit. Did the mechanic check the circuit between the MAF and the PCM?

Reply to
sleepdog

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

I did take it back to the mechanic, and he said it must be something else then. Didn't really inspire me with confidence :-/

I checked out the air filter and noticed that the air box was a bit warped near one of the clips, not sure if that could cause the problem or not.

Reply to
Instant Arcade